Now that it has been officially revealed and the world is excited for the upcoming crossover title Marvel VS Capcom Infinite, it’s time that we start seeing more of what this new addition to the much-loved series of fighting video games has to offer. To end this year’s Capcom Cup tournament as a part of the PlayStation Experience conference, Capcom released the very first gameplay trailer for Marvel VS Capcom Infinite featuring the same four fighters that were present in the game’s reveal trailer which was only released yesterday.
Alongside footage of X, Ryu, Captain Marvel, and Ironman brawling, Capcom also released quite a fair bit of information regarding the game’s new mechanics, the most exciting of which is the removal of 3-hero teams to instead only accommodate 2, and the implementing of a new in-battle mechanic that allows players to harness the power of the Marvel universe’s Infinity Stones, each representing a different type of power.
- Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and free-form 2v2 team battles, which allow for new gameplay dynamics never-before-seen in the franchise.
- Infinite Power: Choose one of the six powerful Infinity Stones from the Marvel Universe to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone will customize characters with unique abilities and powerful game-changing effects that can quickly turn the tide of battle.
- Iconic Heroes: Select from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from the Marvel and Capcom Universes, including Captain Marvel and Iron Man from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
- Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
- Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission, and Arcade modes.
- Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
- Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.
Marvel VS Capcom Infinite is set to get a worldwide release sometime in the new year.