For me, the most exciting news to come out of E3 is not additional information on titles the general public have already been aware of for quite some time, but reveals of brand-new video games that begin their illustrious development and release journey with the festivities of the expo as their starting point. It’s even more exhilarating when a big company like Nintendo partner up, once again, with a developer like Grezzo (The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D, The Legend Of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D) to conceive and create a brand-new IP that will, hopefully, have the world enthralled.
The new title, that I’m heavily referring to, is that of “Ever Oasis“; a action/adventure game that puts players in the small but strong being known as a Seedling, who is tasked with developing a beautiful Oasis out in the harsh desert landscape. With your partner Isuna at your side, you as the Seedling will have to traverse the blazing planes of the desert while recruiting new friends and aiding in the prosper of your own Oasis.
This newly-announced Nintendo 3DS game is greatly inspired by Grezzo’s Legend Of Zelda games, and features a heart-warming visual style that walks the path of cute and colourful to capture both the hearts and minds of audiences within an instant, as was the case with myself. Alongside a trailer, Nintendo also released their very own synopsis of the game as a whole as well as a list of features they consider to be most important, all of which I have provided for you just below:
From the team behind The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D comes a daring new adventure that expands on everything RPG fans love about the genre. As a chosen Seedling, your mission is to build a prosperous oasis by working with your partner, Isuna.
Meet and ally with members of other tribes to complete your mission, while battling against the Chaos threatening peace in the desert.
Battle enemies in real-time combat as you switch between three party members and explore a savage desert. Forage for materials in caves and puzzle-filled dungeons to earn dewadems, which are used to grow new shops and even grow gear!
- Dive into a new take on the Adventure RPG genre in a brand new IP.
- Explore a savage desert, deep caves, and puzzle-filled dungeons.
- Forage materials to make productions at shops, or synthesize equipment and items at your treehouse.
- Complete missions to recruit new villagers, each with their own shops, weapons and abilities, then bring them exploring/foraging.
- Earn dewadem, currency, over time as shops sell their wares to build new Bloom Booths.
- Developed by GREZZO Co., Ltd, the team behind The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D.
- Battle wildlife that are possessed by Chaos and other enemies in real-time combat, while actively switching between party members.
- Immerse into a beautifully crafted world inspired by Egyptian culture/mythology.
Ever Oasis is set for a release on the Nintendo 3DS sometime in 2017. Stick around for more information on this new IP when it is released.