For the 19th year in a row the Japanese Film Festival will take Australia by storm with countless films of Japanese cinema set to the silver screen across the nation. With a nation wide tour taking place from October 14th to December 6th, the festival will stop off at Canberra, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne.
Films on show include the live-action adaptation of wildly popular manga series about making a manga series Bakuman, Takashi Miike’s latest directorial effort As The Gods Will and the adaptation of Shonen Jump action comedy series Assassination Classroom. You can check out the full schedule over at the Japanese Film Festival’s official site.
So when does the festival hit your town? Well you can check out the tour schedule below:
- CANBERRA – 14 to 18 October 2015 at Capital Cinemas, Manuka
- BRISBANE – 21 to 25 October 2015 at Event Cinemas Brisbane City Myer Centre
- PERTH – 28 October to 1 November 2015 at Hoyts Carousel & Hoyts Millennium
- ADELAIDE – 30 October to 1 November / 6 to 8 November 2015 at Mercury Cinema
- SYDNEY – 5 to 15 November 2015 at Event Cinemas George Street & Event Cinemas Parramatta
- MELBOURNE – 26 November to 6 December 2015 at Hoyts Melbourne Central & ACMI Cinemas
Tickets are available at the Japanese Film Festival’s official site or at the box office of your nearest participating cinema.
Stay tuned for more information on the 19th annual Japanese Film Festival as it comes to light.