It’s the most wonderful time of the year; that period just before the beginning of the Electronic Entertainment Expo wherein which video gaming fans are treated to some tasty news leaks before their scheduled reveals. It has already been revealed that Street Fighter’s Ryu and Fire Emblem’s Roy will be joining the already sizeable Super Smash Bros. roster thanks to an early update released in Japan, and now Best Buy Canada have spilled the beans a little early regarding a brand-new Transformers video game developed by Osaka’s PlatinumGames and set to be published by the very much unloved…Activision.
Unconfirmed by neither PlatinumGames nor Activision, this game was placed on Best Buy Canada’s online store as a game up for pre-order. People are speculating that this was one of the “big reveals” supposedly saved for the E3 festivities but are already very much underwhelmed by the fact that it is just another Transformers title. Not only that but after seeing the way in which Activision and PlatinumGames came together for The Legend Of Korra game, video game fans aren’t exactly sure whether or not they should get their hopes up for what is boasted to be an incredible brawler title.
Face off against Megatron and battle it out with the Decepticons in Transformers Devestation. Equipped with fast action capabilities, this game allows for instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system. Five difficulty levels also deliver hours of intense gameplay. – Best Buy Canada
The game will apparently feature a minuscule five playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock. Hopefully more characters will be revealed once this game is officially revealed but if I’m being entirely honest…I really don’t think it will happen. The game boasts a deep customisation mechanic and face-paced PlatinumGames-style action.
Transformers: Devastation will be released on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One, and is set to be announced on the 15th of June through Youtube’s E3 livestream, so tune in to see the official reveal of this upcoming Transformers title.
- Autobots face off against the Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of plasma energy to cyberform Earth
- PlatinumGames signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system
- Features 5 playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bubblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock
- A deep customization system and 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition deliver hours of intense gameplay
- Actors from the original TV series reprising their roles include Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bubblebee), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), and more